On the one hand, cutting fish is a fairly simple task. While not everyone will be able to do it right. This article aims to help recommendations for cutting trout. This fish nowadays rarely appear on our tables. This is because valuable fish species permanently disappear from active fishing or their fishing bans are introduced.
In this regard, it is quite expensive and Housewives engaged in butchering and cooking of cheaper fish. The technique of cleaning and dressing a little different, so the problems with cutting trout should not occur. Thus, it is necessary to observe some rules.
Ways to Clean Trout
Way to clean trout is chosen depending on the nature of the food to be cooked. In this regard, the order of fish can be changed and some steps can be missed.
- Depending on the method of preparation choose the size of the fish.
- Trout prepared in a number of ways.
- It can just fry in the pan.
- Trout is very tasty and useful ear.
- Trout can be stuffed different content.
- Baked trout, you can use cream.
Bake the trout whole
For baking whole fish, choose fish carcasses of a certain size. As long as it fit in the baking dish. It should be remembered that the larger the carcass of the fish, the longer she will have to prepare.
First, rinse the fish to remove the slime. As a rule, at a time unlikely to do it. If you use salt, you can solve the problem with holding fish. Trout can be cleaned both in one and in the other direction. Special attention should be given to the cleaning of the abdomen of the fish. Here the scales are smaller, but also more robust than on other parts of the body.
If it is good not to clean the belly, then you can ruin the dish.
Head-to-head trout, cut is not necessarily enough to remove the gills. In the end, thoroughly rinse the fish again. Thereafter, it is desirable to dry using paper towels. The trout is cooked or in the oven or in a slow cooker, depending on the recipe.
This stage of fish is present, regardless of the method of preparation. And you can do it yourself. For this you need to cut the fish’s belly, starting from the anal fin to the gills. After that, you have to remove everything that is inside the belly. Removal is also subject film. If you do not, you can get the dish with bitterness.
Some tips on cleaning
If you follow some rules, the process will not be burdensome.
- Fish are better to clean in the sink. This will save the kitchen from unnecessary contaminants and saves cleaning time and cleaning.
- Fish cleaning is more suitable not a large knife with a short handle but sharp enough.
- If there is no option of a sink, then the fish better to cut on a Cutting Board. Thus, it is important that the Board of fish not used for cooking other food products, except for cooking meat. This is especially true when on a cutting Board cut the bread, cheese, sausage, etc.
- If you want to send the fish in the freezer, you should check that it is as low as possible moisture.
- Fish it is desirable to clean and cut immediately after purchase. When it is fully thawed, this process will take much more time.
Removing the skin from the trout and remove bones
Some methods of cooking don’t require the removal of bones and skin, but if it must be done, then:
- After the fish is scaled and gutted, only then go in and remove skin and bones. In this case, the fish must be clean.
- Removed just the head, tail and fins.
- Removal of the ridge with the bones is performed through a longitudinal incision made on the back of the fish.
Not a great tip: to remove the backbone from the bones, you need to make a deep incision to divide the carcass of the fish into two parts. The only way I can get rid of the bones.
Important: the knife should pass close to the vertebrae of the fish and place on a sliding trajectory. At the same time, we need to control the knife position. The knife should go at an angle towards the abdomen. This process requires the retention of fish carcasses in a stationary state.
- Then remove the remaining bones. They are easy to spot if you hold your finger on the meat. They are removed with tweezers or nail scissors.
- To remove the skin from the meat to begin making the incision, then holding the fish, cut the meat from the skin. In this case, it is necessary to control the position of the knife. It needs to be at an angle to the table, but rather at an angle to the skin. Only so will efficiently separate the meat from the skin.
- Such action is needed when you want to make a salad and rolls, as well as those dishes that require large pieces of meat.
Cutting up a trout, it should be remembered that part of these fish as the backbone, head, tail, and fins really cook delicious and healthy soup.
Useful Properties of Trout
Vitamins and minerals
In the meat of trout discovered a whole bunch of vitamins and minerals and also other nutrients.
- Meat contains vitamins of group B.
- And vitamins A and D.
- Its meat contains such minerals as phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, etc.
- With regular use, due to the presence of fatty acids omega 3, there is a decrease in the human body of harmful cholesterol. Moreover, useful components are not allowed to form plaques on the walls of blood vessels.
- The presence of meat trout choline contributes to the generation of nerve cells in the human body. In addition, the recovery and restoration of the skin, and cleansing the body of toxins and toxic substances.
100 grams of pure trout meat contains:
- Protein – 21 grams.
- Fats – 7 grams.
- Water 72 grams.
- Fatty acids of 1.15 grams.
- Useful cholesterol – 58 mg.
- Ash – 1.8 grams.
100 grams trout contains 190 calories.
Experts do not recommend to eat meat trout for pregnant women and young mothers, breastfeeding. Meat fish fat enough, so it is not recommended for people suffering from problems of the digestive tract. The meat of this fish will benefit hypertensive patients and patients on cardiovascular disease.
Before use, the heads especially should pay attention to the gills. It is better to remove, as in the gills accumulate a lot of harmful substances. If this is not done, then the taste will be forever spoiled.
The process of cleaning trout is virtually no different from cleaning other fish. Here the main thing – is to carefully, with all responsibility to approach each stage. The only way to get a quality end product. It should also be remembered that the quality of the final product largely depends on the quality of the original product.