A fishing sinker falls into the category of the most important components of almost every tackle. What is it? First of all, sinker helps to dip the hook bait to the desired depth. It also helps to tighten the line to the fan catching could feel the slightest touch of fish to the bait, passing the impulse on the float, the tip of the rod or special signaller of bite.
The appearance and size of the sinkers can have various configurations. It all depends on the selected gear. The entire class loading has a corresponding hole or slit for attaching a fishing line. Typically, these fishing items are cast of lead. This metal is endowed with the necessary weight even with a small size.
By the way, there are a variety of sinkers, made of special raw materials with the addition of a powder of tungsten. Different from this material is its softness, which gives the opportunity to anchor the desired shape. The main objective of this fishing item is burdening the bottom and float tackle.
The diversity of fishing sinkers can be classified into two categories:
- Fixed weights fixed in a fixed position on the main fishing line fishing tackle. Their appearance is associated with the shape of a ball. Stationary models have a weight in accordance with the standardization, which is presented in special tables.
- Sliding sinkers move freely on the line. The most common form of olive. On the line weights between them can be classified as either rubber stoppers or beads.
The selection of these elements occurs with appropriate for the weight of the float fishing conditions and bait on the hook. Better to choose quality weights, to avoid possible trouble. So, a bad quality can have sharp cuts that damage the line at the time of attachment. However, this can be fixed if to clean up the rough edges with sandpaper.
To securely lock the sinker on the fishing line, you will need pliers. Only first need to pass the fishing thread through the slot, and then using some force to compress the ring. If clamping is strong, there is a high probability of damage to the fishing line. The optimal distance between the hook and the first anchor should be at least 20 cm.
Storage of goods using a special plastic container with defined sections, which have the distinction in weight.
As a rule, all fishing sinkers metal color. However, to date, produced a similar color to the natural stones and the bottom surface. This is an excellent disguise.
Sinkers for bottom gear For lovers of bottom fishing you will need heavy sinkers in the form of olives, a spoon or a pyramid. The first kind can be purchased at the bait shop, while others cast themselves from the molten lead. The form should preferably be prepared in advance.
Choosing the weight and configuration of the sinkers should take into account the power flow on the pond where fishing. In addition, the mass of this element affects another and selected bait. For example, the hunt is on catfish, as bait used the frog. Consequently, the weight of the bait should not exceed the weight of the sinker, otherwise, the tackle will always shrink. In this case, the configuration of this fishing item plays a crucial role.
Great weight sinkers and flat shape capable of securely held on the surface of the bottom even in strong currents. As for the angular models are, in contrast, can easily roll along the bottom.
Depending on the connection method sinkers for a bottom gear fishing line they are divided into:
- Deaf sinkers, clip-on end of the main fishing line after leashes with hooks.
- Sliding sinkers are the most effective option, as they are located on the main line, and separated from the lead with a powerful hook swivel. Even if the tackle will have a very thick fishing line, and in this case, no one bite does not remain without attention. Sliding sinkers can be equipped with either a through hole over the entire surface, or have a catchy ring through which fishing line is passed.
Despite all the variety of sinkers for bottom fishing are becoming increasingly popular sinkers feeder-feeders. These models are available in different shape, color, and weight.
Sinker for spinning
For this equipment the load – element is optional. By the way, it is used in the case where the weight of the lure is negligible. The main requirement for sinkers – imbalance. Fishing with spinning involves the use of eccentric elements of shipping, where the center of gravity to prevent tangling with fishing line.
Mount these weights on the main fishing line is produced by carbines with Berlusconi. This form with a weight of 10-30 g can protect the fishing line from twisting spoon-bait.
For attaching sinkers you can use the following methods:
- Place it near the bait, which makes the casting process more convenient. Only when this sinker can significantly degrade the play of the bait. One more negative thing: passing near the surface of the bottom, the lure can cling to its roughness.
- To fix the sinker ahead of the bait at a distance of 50-70 cm This mounting option greatly complicates the casting. Sometimes it also happens that the bait is swept over the sinker. But the PREROLL there is a great game.
As sinkers for fishing lures used:
- jig head;
- sinker for soft-mounting with ears made of wire;
- the model is in bullet form for a snap.
Sinker for float fishing rods
Mainly uses elements of small size and relatively low weight, making them compact enough. Exceptionally, sinker equipped with fishing rods designed for catching predatory fish on live bait. In this case, the floats are a serious and relevant sinker.
For normal float fishing rods are used:
- One fixed sinker – lead sheets, clamping a pellet.
- One sliding sinker in the form of olives or grains with a through hole.
- The set of distributed on the main fishing line pellets (shipped). Often this kind of garland is used on the course in the transaction.
Varieties shipped and the point of use Sliding sinkers are ideal for ponds with a hard surface bottom. Given that the center of gravity of this element is shifted, there is more chance of snagging fish hook, when he grabs the bait and pulls her up. Also, there is another advantage of this kind of loaded: min noise effect in contact of the gear with the surface of the water.
Spindle-shaped sinkers have long been considered leaders in distance casting, but with the advent of remote models faded into the background. However, their popularity due to the streamlined shape is not quenched, as spindle-shaped elements can not cling to the algae when removing the gear from the point of fishing. But the increased casting distance, of course, on top.
Remote sinkers are used for the furthest distances. The streamlined shape allows to achieve stability in the time of the flight, not to get a confused line. In the end, the process of fishing becomes more efficient. Pear-shaped sinkers are precision cast and have the effect of auto-cropping.
When a piece of equipment falls on the soft muddy bottom is enveloping weights, making it almost invisible to the eye of the fish. Sinkers spherical shape are the most used. When lowering to the bottom of the ball as if falls into the muddy bottom, thereby allowing the production to be cut without the participation of a fisherman.
Tenacious sinkers due to its uneven surface perfectly cling to the surface of the bottom of the reservoir where there are irregularities and swift current. Work well such models in the shallows and the edges of rivers.
Of course, the range of fishing sinkers is quite extensive, but if the right to determine the conditions of fishing and accessories, then choose the right type of this element is not difficult.